Tuesday 28 July 2009

Hanmer Springs to Kaikouria



Hanmer Springs to Kaikouria

21 - 22 Feb - Kaikouria staying at the Top 10 Holiday Park in an en-suite double room with a small balcony at $110 per night. The Park was right in the prime spot for getting to the centre for the whale watching boat tours - one of the main reasons why people travel to Kaikouria by road, coach and train.

We arrived at lunch time on the 21st and headed for our lunch at Hislop's, a popular organic cafe where I enjoyed a tasty creamy fish chowder with freshly baked bread. I had never had chowder before, and admit I don't really like fish (other than the battered kind) but this was different. As we had arrived earlier than anticipated we went to see if we could do the whale watching cruise that afternoon and luckily got the 2 last places on the last cruise! The cruise was a wonderful experience as we saw 2 whales and several playful pods of flying dusky dolphins. The evening was spent having fish and chips from a local eatery on the deck of our cabin.


Bookmark and Share


, ,

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Hello there. Interesting blog. I can identify with yo-yo dieting. This year, I've started to exercise and seeing results. I was on my way to becoming housebound, but decided that I prefer freedom and independence to food. I have a long way to go. Next year I turn 50 and would love to travel AND enjoy it :o)
Wishing you all the best.

Yo-yo dieter! said...

Many thanks for your comment. I wish you all the best and look forward to reading about your travels for your 50th birthday.