Friday 6 May 2011

Is my horoscope today prophetic?

My horoscope today says:

'The old, outmoded methods are falling by the wayside, making room for new growth. A fresh career opportunity will come your way, causing you to make dramatic changes to your personal life. You might break off a troubled relationship or move to a new neighbourhood. You could launch a new fitness regime which forces you to break ties with toxic people. Don't be afraid to break a bad habit for the sake of something better: A new life, free of addiction and pain.' (Yahoo)

Nothing could be more spot on - I have a toxic relationship with food, and bad habits of over-eating. I am also riddled with pain in my back, my knees, my elbows and one of my hands. I do want a life free of addiction to food and free of the crippling pain I am suffering. My back is so bad now that I cannot stand up without support, yet my doctor says it is my part slipped discs just twinging, that there is nothing wrong!!

I know, it is ages since I last posted here and you are wondering if I am still on that weight loss journey. Well the answer is yes, I am, just going backwards more than forwards!!! Such a typical yo-yo dieter.

I joined Weight Watchers 10 week ago, but have only attended 3 times in 10 weeks. I found I was back up to 24st 2lbs, so was well on the way to regaining everything I had lost. In my first week on the new Pro Points plan I lost 10lb and then lost my way again - I bought WW products (mainly chocolate bars) and ate the lot in one go and lost my way for the whole week. I struggled to gain control again and when I found it again went back to weigh in and had gained a couple of pounds. I made the mistake of buying more chocolate from WW again, and yet again ate the lot in one go!!

So, what have I learnt - stop buying the WW chocolates at meetings as I eat one, I eat the lot.

The next thing is to log everything you eat and drink - well I am back to logging again (I count my Pro Points and my Scottish Slimmers checks). I currently follow the SS recipes (which I just love) and convert them to the WW Pro Points.

I have enough reasons to want to lose weight:

- to get free of constant pain;
- to find my self-esteem again;
- to find my sex life again;
- to enjoy life with my new grandson; and
- to maximise my life so that I can have a long and happy retirement with my husband and family when I reach 60.

In the short-term though, I just want to ease the physical pain I am in and look forward to my holiday in Canada this summer so that I can be reasonably active.

I am going to make a promise to myself and my blog:

- I am going to post here everyday;
- I am going to count my Pro Points and my SS Checks daily:
- I am going to plan every week;
- I am going to start to try and exercise twice a week.

Help me to help myself make today's horoscope come true.

No comments: